Credit where Credit is Due — adapted from http://www.grahamervin.com/blog/-recipe-cookies-n-cream-protein-cupcakes
Ingredients: Makes 18 cupcakes
Macros per cupcake: 65 kcals; 1g fat, 5g carbohydrates, 9g protein
Macros per recommended serving (4.5 cupcakes): 293 kcals, 4.5g fat, 22.5g carbohydrates, 40.5 g protein
(Obviously, the specifics will be different depending on which brands are used. )
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 4 scoops RivalUS cookies & cream whey protein
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp baking soda
- 0.5 cup lowfat (1%) cottage cheese
- 6 tbsp egg whites
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 0.66 cup nonfat Greek yogurt, plain, unsweetened
- 2 tbsp milled flaxseed
- 1 scoop Quest multi-purpose baking mix (protein powder)
- 0.33 to 1 cup water*
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Works best if you sandwich the dry with the wet (wet ingredient on bottom, all dry ingredients in middle, top with a wet ingredient.)
- Blend. *Only add as much water as necessary to get the right consistency. Like pancake batter.
- Pour into a muffin tin. Muffin papers make it a lot easier to clean up.
- 20 minutes at 350F.
- Knock yourself out with icing, butter, cream cheese, whatever. The source website has a suggested topping for it with greek yogurt and a quest bar. I’ve also seen recipes that blend casein (better consistency) and yogurt, cottage cheese, mascarpone, cream cheese, or table cream.